Friday, May 29, 2020

Native Birds in our Area

Today is a special day - Leighton will be going with Shirley and some other students to a special event in Iveagh Bay, where we will hear about how birds will be more protected. So we all painted our favourite NZ native birds that we enjoy here. Do you like our amazing art and bird descriptions?






My pigeon can fly really high and he finds heaps of worms.

My tui is really fat because it’s been sneaking chocolate!


Bryce



My bird is a fantail. It is sitting on a branch in the shade of the trees.


Abby



My bird can change colour. It is a fantail and it’s golden.


Angus



There are lots and lots of birds in the forest.


Bruce



My fantail is flying.


Hamish



My bird is landing on a big tree and it’s making music.


Hunter M



I saw a bird flying to the sky and I want it to be my pet but it’s not my pet.

It’s the one with pink feet - the kēreru.


Safia



My fantail loves eating seeds.

I heard one when I was on a bush walk with my mum and brother.

It was singing.


Indi



It’s a stormy night and kārearea is flying about. He’s looking for food and he fought with another kārearea. That’s why there’s scratches on his beak. His claws are good for grabbing his food.


Leighton



Today I made a Tui. I made the colour blue and green. My favourite colour is green.

The colour of the feathers is camo.


Callum



This is the bellbird. It can fly and it sings nicely.


Cooper






9 comments:

  1. wow Moana beautiful art work i love how they are really unique

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good art and stories. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Moana!
    I really liked your art work you did an amazing effort
    How long did it take to make them?
    did you enjoy making them?
    Amazing job guys cant wait to see more of your work!

    From
    Eden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi moana

    This is amazing work moana you have out done yourself I love your colourful native bird's that you have drawn and painted well done and keep up the amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the paintings you guys did and I love how some of you described what your birds were doing and i like how some of you had tiny story with yours. Keep it up guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like all of your wonderful birds. I like how much effort you have put into them. How long did it take to make them? They all look really nice on the wall! I hope you are all very proud of your work. (:
    Cameron

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like all of your wonderful birds. I like how much effort you have put into them. How long did it take to make them? They all look really nice on the wall! I hope you are all very proud of your work. (:
    Cameron

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi Moana! it's Tui here! I love you native bird drawings! did you use dye or paint to make them? do you think you could paint the thing they eat too?!

    ka pai=-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Moana kids, Tara here. I think your birds are really cool. I especially like how they are colourful and really creative. I hope you keep doing more art - your really good at it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.